- The cause of national liberation, democracy and social liberation;
- Socio-economic development and social justice;
- Human rights in the civil, political, economic, social and cultural fields;
- The cause of just peace;
- Independent trade union and workers’ and toilers’ rights and reduction of working hours at full pay against mass unemployment and decreasing wage levels;
- Agrarian reform and rights of peasants, farm workers and fisherfolk;
- The cause of women’s rights and liberation;
- Rights of the youth to education and employment;
- Children’s rights against child labour, sexual abuse and other forms of exploitation;
- Rights of indigenous peoples, oppressed nations and nationalities against chauvinism and racism;
- The rights of teachers, researchers and other educational personnel;
- The right of the people to health care and the rights of health workers;
- Science and technology for the people and development, and environmental protection;
- Arts and culture and free flow of information in the service of the people;
- Justice and indemnification for the victims of illegal arrest and detention;
- Rights and welfare of displaced homeless persons, refugees and migrant workers; and
- Rights of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and trans-gendered.
Our aims and activities:
- To stimulate, facilitate and coordinate common lines of action and undertake definite actions on the aforesaid concerns and issues,
- To cooperate with all possible organizations, institutions and personages in the attainment of the aims and purposes of the League,
- The activities of the League include:advocacy, research, publications, conferences, seminars and social and political action.
Who Can Join the League?
- Any organization that agrees with the charter of the League may apply or may be invited to become a participating organization of the League.
- The application shall be evaluated and acted upon by the International Coordinating Committee within one year from such application or invitation.
- All participating organizations shall assume responsibilities in accordance with the resolutions and decisions of the International Assembly.
- All participating organizations shall have equal basic rights and duties.
- A participating organization may cease to be such by resignation, self-dissolution or by expulsion for serious violation of this charter, resolutions or decisions of the International Assembly.
- All participating organizations shall maintain their independence and initiative and shall accordingly have equal basic rights and duties.